Thursday, October 12, 2017

Every Haunting Hour Ever #73: Argh V



Season: 4
Episode: 7
Original Airdate: November 8, 2014
Director: Allan Harmon
Writer(s): Jack Monaco

When this episode was new, I thought the title was "Argh Five" because the letter "V" also stands for the number five in Roman Numerals. It wasn't until much later when I understood the wordplay they were going for.

Sam's parents are not as responsible as she'd like and their latest impulse buy takes them on a road tip to an unfamiliar area.

One of the things I liked about the episode was Sam. In the episode, Sam seems to be a very no-nonsense type of person who's extremely committed to her schoolwork and I gotta be honest, I think that's the first time this show has had a main character like this, though I could be wrong. 

The other thing I liked about the episode was how the story was told. In this episode, whenever Sam is in or around the R.V, she starts seeing things like glaring headlights, hearing sounds like horns honking and children chanting, and even believes that the R.V moved by itself at one point. Throughout the episode, it isn't made very clear if these things are really happening or if Sam is just nuts until the very end. 

The only problem I had with this episode is that once I got to a certain point in the third act, I could predict how the ending was going to play out. However, the ending didn't really ruin the episode for me. Why? Well, I'm not going to spoil it but there's a part in the ending that I thought was very well done. 

Overall, Argh V was quite solid and I can safely say that it's certainly a vast improvement over the last episode, Near Mint Condition

Overall Grade: A-

No comments:

Post a Comment